An Open Heart

Important reminders from my Facebook timeline. Help me remember:
  
Your life will always follow your thoughts. If you're always thinking positive, happy, joyful thoughts, you're going to be a positive, happy, joyful person. And you will attract other happy, positive people.  
- Joel Osteen

If you find yourself in a negative situation with someone in your life, take a few minutes each day to feel love within your heart for that person, and then send it out into the Universe. Just doing this one thing helps to remove any resentment, anger, or negativity towards that person. 

Remember that feeling resentment, anger, or any negative emotion attracts it back to you. Feeling love attracts love back to you. What you are feeling for another, you are bringing to you. From The Secret Daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne

My goal: to be more open.

I don't think I shared this on here yet, but the other week I had a co-worker approach me in a totally disrespectful way that came out of nowhere and was completely unprovoked. She just came over to me and started saying really nasty things to me.  She was angry because she was let go and was taking it out on me for some reason. Mind you she had been let go a couple of weeks before and I was totally supportive of her. I gave some some leads and called to check up on her and let her vent. I had warned her that we needed to look for something else just in case something happened way before the firings took place. I found it not only hurtful, but it was distasteful. I have no tolerance for that ignorant &$#@ and that is why I had to cut another so-called friend loose for cussing me out unprovoked one too many times. I will be no one's punching bag.

I am also resentful towards my boss for the way she conducts herself. She has let so many people go and it creates so much tension in the workplace. While it hasn't been personal in the past, I now feel resentment towards her because I felt I was forced to come to work despite being incredibly sick for the past month. There is a bottom line and a dollar value that she needs to look at in order to do her job, however to create a sustainable workplace you have to take into account that fact that machines break and so do people. If you have no contingency plan in place for these unexpected occurrences then you are creating stress for yourself and overextending your workforce. Just about every essential person on my job was down sick last week and the week prior. What do you do if you only depend on everyone functioning at capacity with no back up plans in place?  She then becomes angry at the people who are sick or injured and eventually they are let go if they can't function at full-capacity at all times. It is not sustainable and it is not a healthy work environment. 

So, the message about being forgiving and sending light and love to those who are against you is hitting home right now because I am tired of being angry and resentful. I am tired of carrying this &%$#. I feel like one of Erykah Badu's bag ladies. One of Ntozake's Colored Girls. I want to free and want to stop dwelling on things that have nothing to do with me. I need to make some internal changes in order for me to move from this place. I knew when I started working this job that it was a place that I was destined to be because of the lessons that I needed to learn. I am reading to move on and so I must the work that is required to move to the next plateau. I need to pray, visualize, and meditate on what I want in life and forgive, banish, and sidestep that that I do not wish to have in my life. Help me remember to be a reflection of love and empathy.


Comments

  1. This is good. Sometimes you have to let people and situations go so that you have space for the better and best people and situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berry9:28 PM

    That's true. I forgot about that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break