Fat Tuesday

Yes, on Fat Tuesday I came to the conclusion that I need to get in the gym and go hard! Saw someone's blog about losing quite a bit of weight in a short period of time. She looks like a new person! I need to look and feel like a new person. At least, the old me.

This morning I had a breakfast meeting. It was strange because I have only been focusing on work for the past couple of years and everything else has basically fallen by the wayside. I was asked to sit on a  Board and I will consider it, although I already feel like I have enough on my plate.

When I left, I reflected on my life and realized how miserable I have been lately. I prayed and had a long drive and a long talk with God. I came to the conclusion that I have to walk away from my job. That despite the good I supposedly do daily, it has burned me completely out and there is no passion or joy in my life. None!

It is on these long weekends that I remember that I am real person and not just a worker bee. I came to the conclusion that I will allow myself to be completely selfish and focus on my personal happiness. I realized that I am literally and figuratively dying by not allowing myself to live life on my terms. I asked God to give me the courage to walk away guilt free.

I thanked God for giving me talent and the inspiration to do something that make me happy. Now, like the cowardly lion in The Wizard of Oz, I need courage. I've got my brains, I've got my heart, but I need the courage to live my life the way I want to live it.

I was at peace after the long talking, cry, praise session with God. I knew what I needed to do.

I came home and did a phone interview with a freelancer who is writing an article in Ebony Magazine.

Tomorrow, I go back to my life as it is. I realized that this is how the devil keeps you confused...keeping your so busy you can't even catch your breath.

I must remember to breathe. 

Comments

  1. It's something how we come to seasons of life where we are just about forced to go after what makes us happy. Why can't we be there more of the time? Sigh. Congratulations on your decision to get your fitness on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Survival. Trying to make other people happy. Trying to keep up with the Jones'. You name it, we do it. We don't like being judged. Thing is people judge us regardless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break