When I grow up - Part 2
When I was little I had no idea what I wanted to be. I think I just wanted to be happy and free. Whenever I responded that I didn't know what I wanted to be I would be chastised. I was told, "You should want to be doctor (not a nurse)." "You should never teach. You'll never have any money." At six years I was told that I should know what I want to be. By the time I was in high school I still didn't have an idea until one day I discovered I have a passion for TV. I pursued it, but she didn't love me back. I never had enough hustle to make it happen. So eventually I learned to settle.
Now I am back where I started. When I grow up, I want to be happy. I am reading my morning devotional based on Romans 12:2 and it is on this very topic. Everything I have been reading lately has been on this topic. Could it be a sign? Just because you are good at something doesn't mean it is your calling. I should have learned this lesson the last time.
Dare to dream, to reach, and to soar. The world needs what you have to offer. (Uncommon Life)
Now I am back where I started. When I grow up, I want to be happy. I am reading my morning devotional based on Romans 12:2 and it is on this very topic. Everything I have been reading lately has been on this topic. Could it be a sign? Just because you are good at something doesn't mean it is your calling. I should have learned this lesson the last time.
Dare to dream, to reach, and to soar. The world needs what you have to offer. (Uncommon Life)
I had a similar relationship with newspapers, but it worked out for the best. It's interesting that you were steered away from education and nursing. My mother tried hard to steer me toward both, but my "head was in the clouds". Eh.
ReplyDeleteTJ, that's awesome! I didn't know you were in journalism in a past life :) I still have visions of working in publishing again. Hoping this economy bounces back soon so I can have more options. Nothing wrong with heads being in clouds as long the air is crisp and clear;) By the way, when it was time to go to college I was told to major in business. At least I knew myself enough to know that it would be a disaster!
ReplyDelete