A White Christmas indeed!

So, the plan is to go to D.C. and have dinner at a friend of a friend's house. Not really feeling that plan, but don't want to back out at the last minute. I already don't really like spending Christmas away from home, but the alternative is to stay home and spend (yet another) Christmas alone. In the past I didn't mind. I was so whipped from work I didn't want to go anywhere. This year I have been on that vitamin regime and I slept from Friday until today. I was going to catch the train, but it has black out dates. Hmmm. Interesting choice of words. I was going to drive, but it is such a hassle to bother with parking. So, I decided on Bolt Bus. I am very apprehensive as I've had some crazy bus experiences in the past. I've heard positive things about Bolt, so I have to trust it will be good. A round trip for less than $40. Cheaper than driving when you factor in gas and tolls.  Manifesting a very positive travel experience. So, that means the petsitter will come in to look after my girl. So, that means I have to clean this hellhole that I've neglected over the past couple of months. I'm sure she has seen worse, so I will just do the basics. Having a hard time getting started though. As a matter of fact, this is part of my procrastination.

So, my friend sent me the "menu" for Christmas dinner. Not MY traditional Christmas dinner, but we will try to make it work. Ham (I love, but want to stop eating 4 legged creatures for my health), Mac and Cheese (also trying to not eat dairy), green beans (hope they are fresh!) Two casseroles (sweet potato and broccoli rice) and for dessert, pumpkin pie.  So, yes, it will be a very white Christmas weather or not that Nor'easter comes through. I would prefer some sort of fowl or fish, greens/cabbage/green beans, baked sweet potatoes or candied yams, sweet potato pie or pecan pie. Something really basic. I guess I should have stayed home and cooked, but not really feeling being along this year. Need to also make plans to go to Cali over the summer to visit my aunt. I should have gone out there for Christmas when she invited me. I have to stop procrastinating.  Speaking of, let me get busy doing something. Anything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break