Love is blind

I am watching this episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition about a blind couple in Ohio. In addition to both of them being visually impaired, they also have a hearing impaired son. Their spirit is so infectious! The wife actually reminds me of a woman I used to work with when I lived in D.C. There were so many people with that uplifting spirit and easy smiles who I used to come into contact with. I need to rediscover what it feels like to live a relaxed life. This couple definitely deserves all of the blessings that have rained down on them. They run a disability awareness center with little to no support. Goes to show that if you just keep focused on the task ahead with expectation of grandeur at the end of the road that you will live a blessed life.

As for me, I wound up inside today...the weather is just really nasty today. I am trying to tie up all of my loose ends before I go back to work. The more I clean up, the more I discover places that need to be cleaned. Like the light over the bathroom sink! I still haven't tackled that storage closet up front.  I also spent the day doing online shopping. Not as fun as shopping in store. I also noticed that the items I found in the store are not even on the website. The ones that are there tend to be more expensive! So tomorrow I will try to finish getting the items I need. For some reason the panel I bought for the bedroom window was too short. I didn't even pay attention to the length. When I go to exchange it I will also need to get a wider/thicker curtain rod. I definitely need the panel because the curtains really darken the room. I would like to have some natural light in there during the day, but also need some privacy from peeking neighbors across the air shaft.

Sometimes the smallest things can bring you the most joy. For some reason it never occurred to me that a few items picked up from Target  or Wal-Mart could make my life so much easier and relaxing. Since my friend's new condo has all of the modern amenities that my plain Jane refurbished apartment doesn't have I thought about what I could do to "upgrade" my place. Since I can't switch out my standard kitchen faucet for something like this, I bought one of these. Best $3.00 I've ever spent! This thing bring me so much joy! I also got a handheld shower head. Why I didn't buy one years ago, I can't explain. My back was killing me in D.C. and that handheld shower with the massage feature made such a difference!  The final thing that I am so glad I picked up was this. I have it in the kitchen but the scent travels throughout the whole apartment. Since the plugin aren't really happening anymore I think this is what's up!

As I was browsing the Wal-Mart website I came across these. My friend just spent a boatload of money on the same thing from some contemporary furniture store. They are just $65 at Wal-Mart. Not sure of the quality though.

Things have really been quiet around here. Relaxing.  I hope things continue to be as relaxing as they have been this summer. I still can't figure out why my neighbors need to drag every piece of furniture they own across the floors every night. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break