Hurricane Irene

We are bracing for another natural disaster. Hurricane Irene is supposedly barreling toward us. Earthquakes and hurricanes...end of time or simply a change of seasons. You decide. I am up and getting ready to meet my new assistant for coffee at a cafe that I purposely chose near where she lives. I received a call a few minutes ago from her asking if we were still meeting at our designated time and if I still wanted to meet then or if I wanted to meet later. Hmm, 11:00 A.M. is kind of late and I chose that time to make sure that people like me (later risers) could still be able to make it on time. She is making me nervous. She sounded like she had just woken up. After having someone like my last assistant I am really hoping that the new one doesn't have some of my same bad characteristics. I already know that will be a disaster in the making. I need someone who is going to balance me out.

I am just going to stress how important it is that she be on top of things at all times. Received an email from the boss about a goal setting meeting. She will be using the goals we set at the beginning of the year to evaluate us at the end of year. I have a few issues with this. First, I often set my goals higher than what I am able to achieve right away. Will this be counted against me? Also, are the goals to be updated and adjusted mid-year taking in account all of the unexpected circumstances that often crop up? Finally, if we don't meet all of the goals are we really going to receive a poor evaluation? Makes you want to set attainable goals rather than challenge yourself to do more just to be safe, no?

Anyway, I'm pretty clear about leaving next year to pursue another job or higher education. It just gets to a point where enough is enough. Off to get ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break