Nightmares

I woke up this morning from a nightmare about a gang shooting up a house where I was. I realized that it was a result of reading this article and hearing news about robberies like this that triggered the sub-conscious fear. It can't help that it's fourth of July weekend and all the pop pop popping is disconcerting.

I'm also troubled by the fact that Newark, NJ has multiple shooting on a daily basis. My friend invited me to go to a film festival over there Wednesday night. I might have been game if it wasn't for the fact that the last time I was over there (last weekend) a woman was mugged right in front of their office in broad daylight on a Sunday. On a busy street. The door was propped open because it was a warm summery day. That was too close for comfort. Needless to say, I have no plans to visit Newark until they can get their crime under control. It could have very well been me walking from my car several blocks away who was mugged. Thank God it was not and thank God the woman was only scrapped, bruised, and shaken up. They banged her head in order to get her to let go of her purse. She managed to hold on to her phone. She was devastated and distraught. Any other Sunday we wouldn't have been there but because we were throwing a surprise baby shower for my friend we were able to stay with her and make her comfortable while she waited to be attended to by the police and the paramedics. We were blessed that the criminals didn't run up on us. Apparently there was a ski mask and getaway car involved as well so these guys weren't playing around!

There have also been shootings around my job that leave me uneasy. Fortunately this summer isn't scorching like it usually is. When the temperature heats up around here so do the shootings. I pray we have a cool and mild summer both in temperature and temperament.

And I wonder why I am having nightmares.

Update: Saw this on the news tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break