God Said...

This weekend the plans were to do the usual chores and errands and get some work in. God said that wasn't happening. Saturday I wasn't feeling 100 percent so I was planning to relax. My cousin called me in the afternoon to convince me to come out to the Puerto Rican Day celebration in East Harlem. I'd never been in all the years I've lived here. It was either too hot, too cold, too rainy, I had other plans, etc. Well, this year it was too chilly and damp but I went anyway. I was not a happy camper. I could deal with the cold, but the noise and the crowds were beyond me. I was ready to go! As it turned out, by the time I found him the police were shutting it all down! It was only 5PM. In the past they would party all night. So we left and warmed up in a Starbucks in the nearby Target before heading out to get something to eat. I didn't want to eat in Harlem so we drove to New Jersey and ate at Fuddrucker's. Had never been, but heard from someone that it has good Turkey Burgers. It was OK. Nice to be in a place that was calm. Drove my cousin back to base in Brooklyn and then called it a night.

Sunday, I thought I would do laundry, run my errands, and do a little bit of work. Headed out to run errands and wound up at the beach. Yes, the beach. It was great because the weather is still a bit chilly and overcast so there weren't many people out there. It was so relaxing! The beach was disgusting though...water was obviously polluted and sand was littered with everything from beer cans to a tampon applicator. Gag!

Still in search of a nice beach out here. Might have to try Long Island next. I'm still glad God said that I needed to go to the beach because it was exactly what I needed to relax. Still need to get a massage sometime this week. Stressful time of year.

Until...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break