A cheery overcast day

Oh what a day...what a day...what a day! Or as Bill Withers sings, "A lovely dayyyyy..."  It started off a bit disappointing. I wanted to get my sideview mirror replaced but all of the body shops said they won't be able to get the part until Monday. So, there went my plans for driving up to Sleepy Hollow for Pinkster. Instead, I took a risk and left my car at a shop about 10 blocks away. He was going to charge around $50 for the part and the repair. Let's hope all goes well when I go to pick up the car on Monday.

I then hopped on the subway and headed downtown for a mani/pedi and eyebrow touch up. I was disappointed to discover that my favorite nail place closed but lo and behold a better one opened one avenue up! It is only a couple of months old and the staff and environment is impeccable! What really sold me was the massage chair. That bad boy was on Knead and while I got my pedi every knot that was in my back was worked out. I was considering paying for a massage but after the chair was done with me I didn't need it. I was so relaxed and sleepy. I went next door afterward for a  cup of coffee to perk me back up. India Arie's Strength Courage and Wisdom was playing. I hadn't heard that in a while. Love it! I was officially in a good frame of mind. Went to a talent show when I got back uptown. My former student was performing. Such a brave little soul! Then, went to get my hair done to wrap up the day of pampering and grooming.

It felt weird to be without my car and also to be downtown. I rarely go downtown anymore now that I live and work in the same neighborhood. I forgot that a whole other world exists. Realizing that I have definitely outgrown my current life and ready to move on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break