Sweating it out
My poor cat is just miserable. She is like me...can't stand the heat. I am so glad that this won't last long. I am staying hydrated and not moving around much. Most I got done today was going to grocery store laundry and that was doing good. People are just miserably hot. How do people in other countries or places like Arizona or Las Vegas stand this heat all the time? Air conditioning must be key.
I went out to check on my car today before going to the store. Sure enough there was another dent in it. This time on the hood where someone apparently sat on it. On the back there was dried egg. If I didn't have to pay my student loans I would be out of this neighborhood. In my building the trash room is filled with trash. People don't bother to drop it down the chute and as hot as it is it will start to stink of the hallway. Apparently the porters are taking an extra day off.
My blessing is that I have a place to live and in comparison to some of the other places I've looked at I shouldn't complain. I just wish that people would respect the community. The other night people were sitting outside in their lawn chairs on the sidewalk (as they do around here) and the next morning I got up at 6AM to get coffee and a breakfast sandwich. There were discarded plastic cups all over ground where they didn't have the common courtesy to put them in a trash bag! The sidewalks look disgusting. They sit out there all day and night. It is sad. If you are going to sit out there at least make sure you aren't leaving the street where I have to live looking like a dump. But they don't care.
People say that this neighborhood won't change. There are million dollar condos around the corner from my apartment. It is just a really messed up situation. Sometimes I blame myself. I got out once and I should have stayed away. I came back and so I feel I am to blame. I made the choice to live here. I have been unhappy since I came back. Think I tolerated it before, but since I am just disgusted. Disgusted that when walking in sandals you get spit on your feet. Disgusted the people eat candy and chips and just throw the wrappers down on the ground, in the hallway, elevator, as if there are not garbage bins and trash chutes right there. Literally, right there!
I was watching a video about the trash pile that is in the Atlantic Ocean and the narrator said that one of the worst offenders are plastic. He said that the chip bags with the shiny lining are the absolute worst for the environment. Things like this make you aware of how your purchases negatively affect the environment. This city is one of the most wasteful I have ever lived in. I often miss my old neighborhood in Brooklyn. It was no where near as nasty as this one. Is it that people honestly don't know any better or that they simply just don't care?
I went out to check on my car today before going to the store. Sure enough there was another dent in it. This time on the hood where someone apparently sat on it. On the back there was dried egg. If I didn't have to pay my student loans I would be out of this neighborhood. In my building the trash room is filled with trash. People don't bother to drop it down the chute and as hot as it is it will start to stink of the hallway. Apparently the porters are taking an extra day off.
My blessing is that I have a place to live and in comparison to some of the other places I've looked at I shouldn't complain. I just wish that people would respect the community. The other night people were sitting outside in their lawn chairs on the sidewalk (as they do around here) and the next morning I got up at 6AM to get coffee and a breakfast sandwich. There were discarded plastic cups all over ground where they didn't have the common courtesy to put them in a trash bag! The sidewalks look disgusting. They sit out there all day and night. It is sad. If you are going to sit out there at least make sure you aren't leaving the street where I have to live looking like a dump. But they don't care.
People say that this neighborhood won't change. There are million dollar condos around the corner from my apartment. It is just a really messed up situation. Sometimes I blame myself. I got out once and I should have stayed away. I came back and so I feel I am to blame. I made the choice to live here. I have been unhappy since I came back. Think I tolerated it before, but since I am just disgusted. Disgusted that when walking in sandals you get spit on your feet. Disgusted the people eat candy and chips and just throw the wrappers down on the ground, in the hallway, elevator, as if there are not garbage bins and trash chutes right there. Literally, right there!
I was watching a video about the trash pile that is in the Atlantic Ocean and the narrator said that one of the worst offenders are plastic. He said that the chip bags with the shiny lining are the absolute worst for the environment. Things like this make you aware of how your purchases negatively affect the environment. This city is one of the most wasteful I have ever lived in. I often miss my old neighborhood in Brooklyn. It was no where near as nasty as this one. Is it that people honestly don't know any better or that they simply just don't care?
Comments
Post a Comment