Uncomplicated

A survey recently asked the question, if you and your future spouse could stay in the black financially by bypassing getting a ring would you. Hells yeah! Buying a house and making sure the bills are paid are so much more important than a symbol of our love. A symbol could be represented by everything from a necklace to a tennis bracelet. It is just a symbol, but it is not our love. We all know that love is more than an object and though you can't buy love you need money to keep the love alive.

The irony is that I have alway had these untraditional ideas. I was never a little girl who dreamed of a big wedding or wanted all the fixings and trimmings. I have a former coworker who is the same age I am and is working on a third marriage. Ironically I have never been married and seems at this probably never will be. While I didn't want all of the hoopla that comes with marriage, I do want the companionship. I've been alone my whole life -- raised as an only child -- losing my mother in my mid-20s...I spend a lot of time alone. It might be nice to have someone care if I make it home at night or to take care of me when I am sick. Of course marriage doesn't guarantee these things - I know from past relationships - but ideally it would be nice to have a nice uncomplicated relationship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break