Dear Father...

Happy Father's Day to any dads who land upon my long forgotten blog. I had a stressful week, but I will come out on the other side as always.  Most of the stress was work related and while I don't like to vent about work on here, I feel like I need an outlet for my frustrations. I have been holding it in and then it always comes out in the most inappropriate times and ways. Please be patient with me, God is not through with me yet.

I start vacation next week. Yay!  I planned to travel and possible move. Well, the devil quickly squashed those plans.  My student loans became due and I was threatened with have having my salary garnished if I didn't fork over nearly $1K a month! Extortion. It is crazy because you can have your credit card bills settled and negotiated, but your education expenses can cause you to be homeless. What is wrong with this world? I will never advise a person to take out student loans. If you can't afford to pay for your education yourself or get grants and scholarships then you need to get creative.

When I received the phone call I wasn't even upset. It was almost a feeling of relief that it was finally over. That I didn't have this hanging over my head anymore. That I can finally move on with my life and eventually buy a home once my credit gets straightened out. Fortunately I had just used my tax refund to pay off my remaining credit card bills so as long as I remain in the same situation I should be able to manage.  I was told that after 9 months I should be able to settle for half the amount. Wish me luck!

I am going to try to enjoy my Sunday now that the worst is over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break