Seasons

I am swaddled in a deep blue blanket of despair
Winter has cloaked the world outside in an icy white sheath
I try to pull myself up out of the folds of the thick blanket to catch a sliver of winter sun
I am gripped in a cold fear - an irrational fear
Were it not winter I would not be in this place of unrest...disease...discomfort.
Who will catch me when I fall?
When the bright colors of spring appear I can finally feel alive
I need the renewal of spring.
I need to shed this blanket of despair.
I need to feel the sun warm on my face, arms, spirit.
I was born in the summer.
I am meant to curl up in the fetal position and wait for spring.
The transition is painful.
I feel vunerable.
I cry out.
My soul yearns for peace.
I wait for my bright yellow blanket to cover me.
I am a child of summer.
(c) 2010 Tinker Belle's Twilight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break