Renewal

Good morning,

This year is about rededicating my life to spiritual growth and physical health. I am starting off my morning with a bottle of water and a cup of tea instead of coffee. How life affirming to start your day off with something pure and fresh as water. When I think about way we Americans abuse our bodies it is no wonder we suffer from so many diseases. Instead of water and fruit in the morning we instead clog our intestines and arteries with egg and cheese sandwiches and similar foods. Now, don't get me wrong, I love breakfast foods, but I have come to realize that it is not life affirming to eat so many animal products on a daily basis. A balance of fruits, vegetables, grains, and proteins is better. My aunt and her hubby alternate oatmeal or yogurt and flax seed, and only on the weekends they will have a nice hearty breakfast.

While I love love love coffee, I also know it is not the most life affirming thing for me to put in my body first thing in the morning. If I drink 8 ounces of water as soon as I awaken, I can feel the water moving through my body and waking up every part of me - especially my mind. Coffee gives me a false sense of revival and depletes me of my life affirming water.

Someone on Twi.tter suggested doing a 5+5+5. Five minutes prayer, five minutes of meditation, and five minutes of reading (perhaps even praise and worship.) I have made a commitment to renew my relationship with God. I am reading from The Prayer of Jabaz this morning and Proverbs chapter 17 from The Bible. I have been praying for wisdom and discernment.

I have been having a hard time getting motivated to go back to work after being on vacation since Christmas week. Prayer and meditation are the only ways I believe I can make it happen. Every morning at 5AM my mother would rise and read The Word. She would get on her knees beside her bed and pray. She wasn't the most religious woman, but she was a woman of faith and spiritual strength. I've tried the rest now it is time to try to best. I am declaring 2010, the year of renewal.

Clarity, purpose, and faith will guide me.

And so it is. Amen.

[Note: What happened to spell check on blogger???]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break