Mentally depleted

It's Saturday...I slept in, have my cup of coffee, and should be relaxing. Right? Wrong! Instead I am trying to get my mind 'right' so I can crank out these reports that were due yesterday, but will probably get completed by Monday.

Granted it is my fault for procrastinating. I did not realize how time intensive and comprehensive these reports would be. The last time I did them they were in a different format and I was able to knock them out with a quick one two punch.

I have several issues. One is that something has changed at work and though everyone knows it is a problem that I have dealing with as best I can, it is getting to a point where I can't deal with the problem and still do my job effectively. This means I have to give the bosses an ultimatum (so to speak) letting them know something has got to give. Myself and my assistant can't keep working under the conditions we are working under and be expected to do our best work. Sometimes you have to look out for the good of the collective unit over the needs of an individual. Our world has been turned upside down since this individual arrived and it has actually gotten worse instead of better in my opinion.  Why do people expect miricles. I can do many things, but workin miricles is up to The Creator.

So each night I come home mentally drained. No energy to do anything - not even watch TV most nights. I unwind enough to fall asleep and wake up feeling like I just went to sleep. I go in and do it all over again. But this situation is affecting my work performance. I can't do my job effectively. I've been running late all week. Tuesday, I got up but couldn't get myself to go to work because I needed to mentally prepare myself to deal with this situation. Now my assistant, who had been holding down the fort while I was out is now doing the same thing (she called out sick yesterday.)

When does it become apparent to the 'decision-makers' that we can't do this anymore?  That it is killing us mentally, spiritually, and physically to carry this much 'responsibility'?

I feel like I am the fall guy for something that really is not my problem. I am doing the best I can and that is all I can do. Self-preservation at all costs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break