Master Blaster

I want to kick off the new year on the right foot. I want to do a total body cleanse - a master cleanse. Problem is that I should have started it earlier. Now it is almost time to go back to work and I am sitting on my butt, unmotivated and lacking energy. I want to start it today, but I still have "bad" foods in the house. I will just be setting myself up for failure if I start a cleanse and then jump right back into eating 'unwholesome' foods. I think I have the meat that I am going cook tonight for my new year's dinner. I will probably just eat it once and then freeze the rest. I will likely wind up having to the throw the rest out - the chocolates I got for the holidays and the egg nog (gasp!) I had a lot of respiratory and congestion issues last year and I feel like reducing my dairy intake and doing more cleanses (physical and spiritual) will help.
  • I need to get to a point where I am motivated to get back in the gym consistently
  • I need to get back to a point where I am ONLY making healthy choices when it comes to food
  • I need to get to a point where I am cleansing my mind daily with meditation and personal/spiritual growth
  • I need to get back to a place where I am taking care of me and not putting others ahead of me.
I am on the right track. I went grocery shopping on New Year's Eve and made choices that will be helpful with staying the course. The hardest part is going to be saying no at work when something I like is being served.  I am also diligently taking my vitamins every day. Hopefully they are counteracting some of the other things I am doing to my body.

I am making an effort to read more. I lost my love of reading years ago. On a rare afternoon I might pick up and book and read for a while, but I don't read the way I used to.

I am under fire. There is a spiritual battle being waged against me. I am fighting it, but it takes a lot out of me. I want to be energetic again. I want to be genuinely joyful again. I feel that submerging myself in positive uplifting music, literature, and meditation will get me back to a place where I am moving forward. Being stuck is one of the worst feelings in the world. I always want to make progress. I always want to look forward to new experiences. I want to leave behind the negativity that tried to permeate the end of 2009 and recapture the positive energy that exuded and reveled in...I just need to unearth it.

Here is health, happiness, and good hair days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break