No Do-Overs!

One of my favorite games when I was growing up was jacks. I could play jacks for hours. Even in college we used to have jacks play-offs. My boy Ty challenged us ladies to a game of jacks -- he used to play with his sisters -- and blew everyone out of the box. Remember when you got really good at jacks, the game changed. You'd play double bouncies, round the world, and come up with other tricks.
Relationships can be a lot like playing jacks. How so? Well, practice makes perfect. Whoever plays the best is the winner. And, if you mess up you want a do-over.
Hold up! A do-over? In a relationship? Well, yeah. Why not?
It's funny how men tend to always be the ones calling for a do-over. Why is that? Is that because they are always cheating? Just kidding. But seriously, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've gone to a man and asked for another chance at a failed relationship. Yet, men do it all the time.
So, who writes the rules? Should we allow do overs or should they be banned from the game? Or, does it depend on the circumstances? What's your rule about do-overs?
Comments
Post a Comment