Countdown mode...
So things have settled in a smooth lull since the last time I typed a post. My move went smoothly and I love my new space! Little miss kitty is still getting used to it and I feel bad about the fact that as soon as she settles into this spot we will be back in NYC in our old place. I miss New York soooo much! Who knew that it had captured my heart! I knew that I would have a greater appreciation for it once I left it. Funny, you have two sets of NY ex-pats out here. First set - they love every smelly, grimy layer of the city and go back every chance they get. Second set - they can take it or leave it and really only go back because their family is still there. I think I fall somewhere in between.
I spent most of the weekend shopping and watching DVDs. Since I've been gone I've fallen behind on my movie watching. So far I in love with Dreamgirls and Madagascar. I have a lot of movies to catch up on. Even though I now have cable (included in my rent, thank you very much!) there is never anything good on. I am also loving American Gangster. I bought the DVD and Jay Z's CD. I haven't watched it all the way through yet ...I'm kind of savoring it. I don't know if I blogged about it before but the ex-Supastar has a nice role in it. I still miss him -- a lot!
Oh, over the weekend I joined a gym! Planet Fitness has these nice cardio and strength training focused gyms that offer specials like $10 to sign up and pay $10-20 a month. The $10 specials don't require a contract. The $20/mo. deals require a 1 year contract but you can pay $58 to cancel. A much better deal than any of the other gyms I've seen out there. Even if I only get to go on the weekends that is better than nothing.
Follow up: I finally responded to my aunt's text message. I told her I've been super busy with work and moving. She thought I was trying to lose touch. Then my maternal aunt called to tell me that my mom's eldest sister wrote me a letter and sent it to her house. Weird. My aunt (the crazy one) has never written to me before. It will be interesting to see what she had to say. I haven't called my aunt back yet. I am dragging on this kind of stuff. I moved out here to be closer to my family but I'm not. Not placing blame anywhere because more than likely it is all my fault but just stating the facts.
It's after 5 and I really didn't plan to stay this late today. I'm tired of working late. One of my coworkers has on my gmail message status "I am not a hamster and life is not a wheel." I agree!!! Cheers!
I spent most of the weekend shopping and watching DVDs. Since I've been gone I've fallen behind on my movie watching. So far I in love with Dreamgirls and Madagascar. I have a lot of movies to catch up on. Even though I now have cable (included in my rent, thank you very much!) there is never anything good on. I am also loving American Gangster. I bought the DVD and Jay Z's CD. I haven't watched it all the way through yet ...I'm kind of savoring it. I don't know if I blogged about it before but the ex-Supastar has a nice role in it. I still miss him -- a lot!
Oh, over the weekend I joined a gym! Planet Fitness has these nice cardio and strength training focused gyms that offer specials like $10 to sign up and pay $10-20 a month. The $10 specials don't require a contract. The $20/mo. deals require a 1 year contract but you can pay $58 to cancel. A much better deal than any of the other gyms I've seen out there. Even if I only get to go on the weekends that is better than nothing.
Follow up: I finally responded to my aunt's text message. I told her I've been super busy with work and moving. She thought I was trying to lose touch. Then my maternal aunt called to tell me that my mom's eldest sister wrote me a letter and sent it to her house. Weird. My aunt (the crazy one) has never written to me before. It will be interesting to see what she had to say. I haven't called my aunt back yet. I am dragging on this kind of stuff. I moved out here to be closer to my family but I'm not. Not placing blame anywhere because more than likely it is all my fault but just stating the facts.
It's after 5 and I really didn't plan to stay this late today. I'm tired of working late. One of my coworkers has on my gmail message status "I am not a hamster and life is not a wheel." I agree!!! Cheers!
Comments
Post a Comment