I can't get no...satisfaction
I've been craving comfort lately. Comfortable people, comfortable places and comfort food. That song is right...Christmas just ain't Christmas without the one you love. Someone to buy gifts for and make special holiday treats for him to sample.
And another thing, who the hell let the mean people out? I left the house early this morning to get to work on time...almost like a special holiday treat for the boss ya' know? Naturally I was assaulted because of course I couldn't just mind my own business and be peaceful.
Incident number one occurred on a downtown express train. I was lucky to get a seat and after getting the 'pod set with the right mood music pulled out Fever
to continue reading where I'd left off the other night. I have the tunes going and I am reading when the woman sitting in the seat facing mine gets up for her stop and knocks the book out of my lap without so much as a glance backward to acknowledge what she did. I started a slow simmer.
So, I get off the train and decide to head into 'Bucks for a cup of joe since I am still early for work. I change my mind once inside and head back out the door. Now, the rule is that you should let the person come out of the door get out before you shove your way in. So the chick at the other side of the door (who obviously needed that cup of coffee desperately!) pulled the door open and I stepped out so she could get in. Do you know this bitch had the nerve to say "you're welcome!" She must not know 'bout me, she must not know 'bout me 'cause the black girl was about to let loose. Eff what ya' heard, she is not in retirement despite the multiple degrees and business attire. Trust. But, not wanting to go there on a day when I was actually doing what I should be doing I let the sheet slide...you know, like the 'pod drowned out her ignant remark. Funny thing was there was a black girl waiting behind her to come in and she instantly went on guard when Silly Sally decided to let that one slip. Sister Girl didn't know what to expect.
Yeah, so what happened to the damn holiday spirit? Here we are just a week from Christmas and mofos ackin' like dey ain't gots no cents. I was so tempted to get loud and crazy on her just on the strength but she wasn't even worth the effort of turning my head. See what I mean? Twice. And I was simply minding my own damn business going about my day.
Then fools must have thought that my name was Bobo 'cause they really thought I was going to pay $11 for a deli lunch??? A sandwich, chips, soda and pudding. for $11???? They done bumped dey haid. I told them to put that mess right back where I got it.
So satisfaction seems to be in short supply these days. I plan to chill again this weekend and go on a nice leisurely walk.
And another thing, who the hell let the mean people out? I left the house early this morning to get to work on time...almost like a special holiday treat for the boss ya' know? Naturally I was assaulted because of course I couldn't just mind my own business and be peaceful.
Incident number one occurred on a downtown express train. I was lucky to get a seat and after getting the 'pod set with the right mood music pulled out Fever
So, I get off the train and decide to head into 'Bucks for a cup of joe since I am still early for work. I change my mind once inside and head back out the door. Now, the rule is that you should let the person come out of the door get out before you shove your way in. So the chick at the other side of the door (who obviously needed that cup of coffee desperately!) pulled the door open and I stepped out so she could get in. Do you know this bitch had the nerve to say "you're welcome!" She must not know 'bout me, she must not know 'bout me 'cause the black girl was about to let loose. Eff what ya' heard, she is not in retirement despite the multiple degrees and business attire. Trust. But, not wanting to go there on a day when I was actually doing what I should be doing I let the sheet slide...you know, like the 'pod drowned out her ignant remark. Funny thing was there was a black girl waiting behind her to come in and she instantly went on guard when Silly Sally decided to let that one slip. Sister Girl didn't know what to expect.
Yeah, so what happened to the damn holiday spirit? Here we are just a week from Christmas and mofos ackin' like dey ain't gots no cents. I was so tempted to get loud and crazy on her just on the strength but she wasn't even worth the effort of turning my head. See what I mean? Twice. And I was simply minding my own damn business going about my day.
Then fools must have thought that my name was Bobo 'cause they really thought I was going to pay $11 for a deli lunch??? A sandwich, chips, soda and pudding. for $11???? They done bumped dey haid. I told them to put that mess right back where I got it.
So satisfaction seems to be in short supply these days. I plan to chill again this weekend and go on a nice leisurely walk.
Comments
Post a Comment