Progressive

Why is it that in 2006 (almost 2007) black folk are still stuff in a slave mentality? We are still threatened by progress. If someone comes in and starts proposing changes, no matter how excited they may be, there will be resistance from those around them.The old "why we can't rise as a people syndrome." I mean really, think of the picture everyone has seen where the man is reaching down to grab a hand to help pull them up. Only problem is instead of reaching back up to grab his hand so they can rise together the other person is thinking of how to pull him back down where they are. The scenario I described a while back when I blogged about drowning. We are drowning people and no one trust anyone enough to just grab ahold and get pulled into shore. Sad really.

So, I am tired. I have been fighting. So much conflict. So much negativity. It drains me in its toxicity. In the same way I can be inspired and energized by positive people I can be drained by negative. It erodes me. I must counterbalance. I must cloak myself in good vibes, positive words and deeds. Lessons for living. They'd rather tear you down than build you up. They'd rather call you a liar than admit the truth you've revealed.

If I share with you a better way to do something does that mean that the way you were doing it was wrong? Of course not! It just means that we can improve upon what you were doing. Our mindsets are toxic. We have been criticized and torn down so much. Made up so many lies and excuses until we start to buy into that garbage. A reeducation. The power of positive thinking. Our children shouldn't know the meaning of can't because it kills their spirit. So many people always making excuses as why something can't happen. But they are lying...to themselves and others. And they get mad when they are called bluff. Why am I telling adults older than me to think about what they can do before opening their mouths to tell someone that they can't do something? It is toxic. Negative thinking keeps them stuck in their same patterns. Then I become the enemy.

What they don't understand is that I had to adopt a new way of thinking because that negative way was literally killing me. If I don't stay up I fall down. When I fall, I fall hard. Shake those shackles off. Shackles on your feet because you keep dragging them and making excuses. Shackles in your mind holding your ideas hostage.

You can set a prisoner free but once the system of incarceration has been enbedded they are a prisoner forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break