An Open Letter
Dear Corporate Black Man on the Downtown Train:
Thank you not acknowledging me as I entered the train and headed to the seat that I'd already scoped out before you even arrived. I love the way you showed up out of nowhere and confidently strided to the aforementioned seat without giving me a second thought. I stood there in my pinstriped suit with the blue collar blouse and high heel boots waiting for you to the do the gentlemanly thing and at least offer the seat before sliding your narrow behind in it but you didn't. You just ignored me, sat down and opened your paper to go the 3 stops you needed. Instead, I was left to squeeze my rotund, afro behind into a seat occupied by a hispanic women who also had a rotund afro behind and stare holes into your already balding, shiny head.
I hope you have a fantastically selfish day.
Your sister in corporate attire,
Berry
Thank you not acknowledging me as I entered the train and headed to the seat that I'd already scoped out before you even arrived. I love the way you showed up out of nowhere and confidently strided to the aforementioned seat without giving me a second thought. I stood there in my pinstriped suit with the blue collar blouse and high heel boots waiting for you to the do the gentlemanly thing and at least offer the seat before sliding your narrow behind in it but you didn't. You just ignored me, sat down and opened your paper to go the 3 stops you needed. Instead, I was left to squeeze my rotund, afro behind into a seat occupied by a hispanic women who also had a rotund afro behind and stare holes into your already balding, shiny head.
I hope you have a fantastically selfish day.
Your sister in corporate attire,
Berry
Comments
Post a Comment