Sensitivity
Not sure what is happening...are the planets off? Is it PMS? MSG? Transfats? Global warming? What da' hell???? Feeling sensitive and irritable about a whole lot of things within the past week.
Like, why are people trying to piss me off? I have seriously had several incidents go down that are more than just paranoia.
For example, my missing boots...of the fact that I had to practically curse out some shady old men who were holding my other boots hostage. Or the fact that the cleaners closed early on the day that I didn't have a stitch of clean work clothes to wear.
Or the accumulating list is b.s. that has happened over the past week that makes me question the good in humanity.
But it's not all bad. I am accomplishing goals, crossing items off the to do list and forging bonds. I am rediscovering the lost art of conversation. Golden sent the following which I cut and pasted. I may elaborate later...or not.
-A good long talk can cure almost anything.
-Everyone needs someone with whom to share her secrets.
-Listening is just as important as talking.
-An understanding friend is better than a therapist; And cheaper too!
-Laughter makes the world a happier place.
-Sometimes you just need a shoulder to cry on.
I've been doing a lot of listening lately. I used to be a good listener and somewhere in the shuffle lost that skill. I am enjoying the conversations that I've been having which causes me to lose patience with "talkers" with nothing to say. You know, some people love to talk but once the conversation is finished you feel like you just wasted part of you life. Kind of like eating junk food. But lately I've been having some nice, intimated, insightful conversations. Like eating a heartily home cooked meal. Tasty!
So yeah, there is something to be said for delightful, intelligent conversation, lots of laughter, snuggles (provided by my furry little companion) and regular deep tissue massages. It is the remedy for the winter blues that are sure to arrive as the days get shorter and the nights get longer. Self-care is so undervalued in our culture. Despite feeling quite stressed I've had my blood pressure taken and it is quite normal. My family suffers from hypertension but I've been fortunate so far to not be affected by that disease. Lately I've been more diligent about reading labels and measuring portions. Once you learn to do those two things regularly, it is amazing the changes you see taking place. We are fed so many toxins in regular food and unless we are take responsibility for our own health, it affects us in so many ways...from mood to headaches to infections and worse.
There I go jumping up on the soap box again. I find that older I get, the more conscious of these types of issues I become. Now I see why older people always seemed fanatical to me when I was younger. They weren't crazy, they were just aware...okay some of them were crazy but that is another blog post for another day.
Like, why are people trying to piss me off? I have seriously had several incidents go down that are more than just paranoia.
For example, my missing boots...of the fact that I had to practically curse out some shady old men who were holding my other boots hostage. Or the fact that the cleaners closed early on the day that I didn't have a stitch of clean work clothes to wear.
Or the accumulating list is b.s. that has happened over the past week that makes me question the good in humanity.
But it's not all bad. I am accomplishing goals, crossing items off the to do list and forging bonds. I am rediscovering the lost art of conversation. Golden sent the following which I cut and pasted. I may elaborate later...or not.
-A good long talk can cure almost anything.
-Everyone needs someone with whom to share her secrets.
-Listening is just as important as talking.
-An understanding friend is better than a therapist; And cheaper too!
-Laughter makes the world a happier place.
-Sometimes you just need a shoulder to cry on.
I've been doing a lot of listening lately. I used to be a good listener and somewhere in the shuffle lost that skill. I am enjoying the conversations that I've been having which causes me to lose patience with "talkers" with nothing to say. You know, some people love to talk but once the conversation is finished you feel like you just wasted part of you life. Kind of like eating junk food. But lately I've been having some nice, intimated, insightful conversations. Like eating a heartily home cooked meal. Tasty!
So yeah, there is something to be said for delightful, intelligent conversation, lots of laughter, snuggles (provided by my furry little companion) and regular deep tissue massages. It is the remedy for the winter blues that are sure to arrive as the days get shorter and the nights get longer. Self-care is so undervalued in our culture. Despite feeling quite stressed I've had my blood pressure taken and it is quite normal. My family suffers from hypertension but I've been fortunate so far to not be affected by that disease. Lately I've been more diligent about reading labels and measuring portions. Once you learn to do those two things regularly, it is amazing the changes you see taking place. We are fed so many toxins in regular food and unless we are take responsibility for our own health, it affects us in so many ways...from mood to headaches to infections and worse.
There I go jumping up on the soap box again. I find that older I get, the more conscious of these types of issues I become. Now I see why older people always seemed fanatical to me when I was younger. They weren't crazy, they were just aware...okay some of them were crazy but that is another blog post for another day.
Comments
Post a Comment