Obligatory Update

I am finding it hard to be bored these days. So much is stimulating my mind that I am surprised that I can even sleep at night; but I am so exhausted at the end of the day that sleep comes easy.

I've even been too busy to even think about Supastar. Sometimes I will miss him or get a little angry about what happened but I quickly get over it.

I am enjoying my Crush Groove for as long as it last. That is all I think it is but it is so refreshing since I haven't had one in sooooo long.

I am also enjoying my little wild cat. She is so full of energy and growing quickly. The best toy yet? A wine cork! I should videotape her playing with that thing for hours! Her diva qualities are also developing. I am about to name her Naomi if she keeps it up. She can be totally unreasonable, demanding and difficult. Other times she can be absolutely adorable and incredible funny. If only Naomi made a good name for a cat.

Last week was soooo busy that all I did last weekend was relax. This weekend I have to try to play catch up. Next week is also going to be busy. Fall is always a busy time of year.

The weather has cooled down considerably. The other day it was actually warm enough to still get away with flip flops but those bad boys are going to be retired as we move into October. I guess I need to pick up my boots from the boot repair and start pulling together a fall/winter wardrobe.

My little cousin called me on Sunday night crying. Turns out that our older cousin had died and she was hurt that my grandmother and aunt were taking it so casually. Our cousin was "out there" but he was such a sweet person. He died of a massive heart attack. Our family has weak hearts so that isn't a surprise. His dad (my great-uncle) died of a brain aneurysm a number of years back and I think my aunt just shut down emotionally after that. She wasn't close to her son at all. My grandmother lost both brothers and her mother within a year or two so another death in the family wasn't a huge shock to her.

My cousin and I didn't grow up together but if he saw me somewhere no matter how long it had been since he last saw me he knew I was his cousin. He was a sweetie.

Who can predict where your life will lead you? I was just telling the "Thespian" that I started out in one direction, got sidetracked and now I am back where I started but creating my own opportunities. Sometimes I think you need more life experiences before you are ready for things to manifest in your life.

Okay, that was my Iyanla-ism for the day. I need to get out and cross a few items off my to do list.

Thanks for reading and enjoy your weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break