Somebody's Mama

Passing the newstand this morning the usual array of soft porn was displayed behind the plexiglass exterior. The cover of K.ing magazine featured Ki.mora Lee Simm.ons on the cover. Ain't she somebody's mama? I mean, really if I were 6 years old and my mom were plastered all over every newstand and 7-Eleven magazine rack in her undies would that make me feel good or embarrassed. Honestly, I think I would feel rather embarrassed. I could hear the other little kids now..."I saw your mama in her underwearrrrr."
It's not appropriate especially for someone who wants to be taken seriously as a business women (who made it because of talent not based on the fact that her husband is a prominent hip hop music mogul). What do you do, sit down with your two little girls and tell them "It's okay for everyone to see you in your panties as long as you get paid a lot money for it." She probably does knowing her.
I think she is another one of those personalities you either love or hate. A friend of a friend used to work for her and he loves her dirty thongs. Of course he is totally star struck. I never really understood her appeal but then again I am not a man....who likes Amazonian women...who dress like street walkers...seem totally annoying... and have planetary rings around their neck. Aren't there some types of neck exercises to tone that up?
Anyway, as I sat down to do my morning reading I saw this article in the Vil.lage Voice:
Glenn Belverio and Thomas Onorato can stop fighting like two old Italian ladies. Their book Confessions From the Velvet Ropes: The Glamorous, Grueling Life of Thomas Onorato, New York's Top Club Doorman is finally out.There's one experience related in Confessions where they didn't hold back at all. The second chapter depicts a hair-raising Baby Phat fashion show during which the security staff was threatened with guns by unruly fashion fans who were refused entry. "Their team was so unproductive, I would never work with them again," Onorato says of Kimora Lee Simmons's company. "They are one of the few people in the book I didn't tell was going to be in there. I didn't even make the effort."
Gee, why am I not surprised?
Comments
Post a Comment