Transparency
discern v. discerned, discerning, discerns
- To perceive with the eyes or intellect; detect.
- To recognize or comprehend mentally.
- To perceive or recognize as being different or distinct; distinguish. See Synonyms at see1.
Sometimes I think I am too perceptive for my own good. I can meet a person and pick up their underlying intentions right away. I don't always voice it but I can feel it. This causes me to be less trusting than others. A coat of armor in a sense but with that coat you aren't privy to developing the same types of relationships as others who are more superficial. They don't really care about other's intentions because they have their own agenda in mind. Unless it is is a business situation, I rarely have an agenda when I meet people. Establishing lasting relationships takes work because they require trust, a comfort level with the other person and respect. Missing any of those factors affects the nature of the relationship and in my opinion makes it a low priority in comparison to others. I've always had a hard time connecting with superficial people. I guess that eliminates about half of the world but let me tell you, when I do meet someone who is truly authentic, it is a beautiful thing. And that makes them beautiful from the inside out as opposed to the outside in. Have a blessed day and enjoy your weekend.

Comments
Post a Comment