Mental Ramblings

He lurks and lingers
hanging precariously to the edge of my mind
sometimes I wonder if he were ever there at all
then the words that stung like tiny bee stings
play over and over in my mind
his vicious words like a broken record
warped and insistent play over and over
lately I have learned to press the stop button
and a new recording comes on
the one where I am coddled instead of criticized
but the voice of diablo tries to loud talk the other
he wants to steal my soul and kill my spirit
then I remember the tenderness of the other one's touch
the way he stroked my hair
the way he cuddled me
the way he carefully chose his words so that I would not
become any more damaged than I already was
He treated me like a porcelain doll
fragile and beautiful
He gently held and caressed me until my spirit was soothed
I felt safe in his arms
I wanted to trust him completely and let go
but the pain held me hostage
then he was gone
and all I was left with were his beautiful words
his tender touch
and his promises of what I can only define as love.

Listen: A Rose is Still A Rose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break