Common Courtesy Dictates...


Patient and ever vigilent readers, I really am going to wrap up the previous topic but in the meantime I had a few things on my mind. Perhaps I am getting older and stuffier but I have composed a short list of courteous things to do:
  • If you see that there is someone in the elevator, subway or any door waiting to exit, please allow them to do so before you push your inconsiderate ass in around them as if they don't exist.
  • Please come up with your own titles if you are going to "borrow" topics from other writers. A simple google search will turn up most anything you will ever need to know in life.
  • If you picked up something in the grocery store that is considered perishable, please put it back in a location where it will not spoil so it will not drive up the prices for the other customers who will later have to pay for your selfish act of laziness. Give it to the cashier or simply put it in any refrigerator in the store. It's not that hard.
  • If the traffic light turns green and you see that there is still someone, especially an old, crippled or blind person, in the middle of the crosswalk please do NOT gun your engine and drive as if you are about to run the person down.
  • If you need to make a call on your cell phone or chirping walkie talkie, please move away from other people and speak in a confidential tone...no one else really wants to be involved in your conversation...seriously.
Other stuff on my mind:
  • If anyone has tagged me for a meme, I am really backed up with them but have most of them saved in my drafts so when I can get to them, they will eventually get done.
  • Why have two bloggers been published in the New York Times shortly after I started reading them and increased their readership from 3 readers to the circulation of a major newspaper?
  • Why am I still interested in the life of this man after all these years? I found his blog accidently one day. Could it be the Bay A connection?
  • VH1 had some really good programming this weekend. I especially enjoyed the DMC Adoption Journey. I've always like Vh1. I had the chance to intern there years ago but turned them down because I wasn't established in New York at the time. 'Ika interned with them though and she says it was a good experience.
  • Wendy Williams has a podcast...Lord help us.
  • I want to work for Google! (This can still be accessed via the podcast)
  • Win free snow. Call 1-888-stop-sno
  • Check out Obi's blog where he links to a couple of documentaries dealing with the hip hop community and the diamond situation in Sierra Leone. I also happened to find a gem of a radio documentary on the Dirty South and Crunk music. This is a true music education that was well produced!
  • And finally...thank you so much for your votes. I am truly honored by your show of support. Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was a very pleasant surprise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break