Top 5 Most Fascinating People of 2005
Barbara Walters created her top ten, then Cocacy and Terrence created their own versions. Not to be left out, I decided to make a top 5 list because I couldn't think of ten individuals who really impressed me this year with their actions and abilities.

5. Kimberly Elise, actress: She played the hell out of her role in Diary of a Mad Black Woman. If people haven't seen Elise outside of her roles in Set it Off and Beloved, then I think they will be pleasantly surprised to see the depth her acting abilities have grown in Diary and Woman Thou Art Loosed. Make it a Blockbuster Night.
4. Anderson Cooper, CNN: I admire the hard work, dedication and professionalism that Anderson displayed while reporting the effects of Hurricane Katrina. He showed compassion towards the victims and in my opinion reported in a fair manner.

3. Leela James, singer: This songstress has an amazing voice...I just discovered her this year and her bluesy, soulful sound takes music back to a place where it had value. She has people falling back in love with music.
2. Mayor Ray Nagin, New Orleans: The fact that this man, understandably frustrated beyond belief, got on the airwaves and demanded help for the citizens on New Orleans deserves a standing ovation. He rolled up his sleeves and was there in the muck and mire every step of the way right alongside the citizens of New Orleans whereas other politician were playing pretend wi
th people's lives.
1. Oprah Winfrey, Media Mogul and Philanthropist: I must give propers to this woman who has gone above and beyond the call of duty by getting involved in the lives of so many people. From her Angel Network to making people's Wildest Dreams come true, Oprah has lived large and payed it forward this year beyond measure. The world will be a better place because she has truly lived her life to the fullest. No matter what anyone thinks about her personally, her works are undeniable. I think she honestly has a good heart to tackle the issues that she has exposed on her show. More about Oprah.

5. Kimberly Elise, actress: She played the hell out of her role in Diary of a Mad Black Woman. If people haven't seen Elise outside of her roles in Set it Off and Beloved, then I think they will be pleasantly surprised to see the depth her acting abilities have grown in Diary and Woman Thou Art Loosed. Make it a Blockbuster Night.
4. Anderson Cooper, CNN: I admire the hard work, dedication and professionalism that Anderson displayed while reporting the effects of Hurricane Katrina. He showed compassion towards the victims and in my opinion reported in a fair manner.
3. Leela James, singer: This songstress has an amazing voice...I just discovered her this year and her bluesy, soulful sound takes music back to a place where it had value. She has people falling back in love with music.
2. Mayor Ray Nagin, New Orleans: The fact that this man, understandably frustrated beyond belief, got on the airwaves and demanded help for the citizens on New Orleans deserves a standing ovation. He rolled up his sleeves and was there in the muck and mire every step of the way right alongside the citizens of New Orleans whereas other politician were playing pretend wi
th people's lives.1. Oprah Winfrey, Media Mogul and Philanthropist: I must give propers to this woman who has gone above and beyond the call of duty by getting involved in the lives of so many people. From her Angel Network to making people's Wildest Dreams come true, Oprah has lived large and payed it forward this year beyond measure. The world will be a better place because she has truly lived her life to the fullest. No matter what anyone thinks about her personally, her works are undeniable. I think she honestly has a good heart to tackle the issues that she has exposed on her show. More about Oprah.
Comments
Post a Comment