It is amazing how quiet it has been around here since the buses have been parked and locked away due to the
transit strike. Buses contribute to an enormous amount of noise pollution in this city. Apparently the union and the City have reached an
impasse. The union is being fined up the
yin-yang but they are
standing firm. I don't blame them. Our union also threatened to strike this year but we averted it in the 11th hour. I didn't want to strike but if you have a message to send out and the cats who are running things aren't trying to hear you because you are just peon in their eyes, then you've gotta' take
some action to get their attention. I still don't think the big wigs are taking the union seriously, but after they get tired of walking across the cold-arse bridge, they'll get it.
Hang in there New York.
As a funny little aside, yesterday evening I went to the store and asked the clerk to give me 4 quarters as change with my purchase. He asked what I needed it for, the phone, the bus or what? Then he caught himself and we had a nice little chuckle because the LAST thing I needed it for was the bus. I told him I needed it for the dryer and he just shook his head embarrassed.
Comments
Post a Comment