Contacts

As I scrolled through the list of contacts in my email list I stopped cold. It still hasn't sunk into my mind that Martha is no longer here with us. Martha who always had a warm smile to offer. Martha who was always busy involved in one project or another, yet always looked amazingly pulled together. Martha who was so active and full of life. How can she be gone? She passed away last week and her funeral was yesterday, yet I still can't bring myself to accept the fact that she is no longer here.
>>>Listen: Sentimental Mood<<<

The last time I saw Martha, we were at a film festival in Harlem. For the first time she and I spent quality time together talking in the park unrushed and unhurried. She offered me a ride home and I accepted. I thanked her and promised to keep in touch. That was the last time I saw Martha. We crossed paths briefly this summer, perhaps a rushed hug and brush on the cheek. Now, all I am left with are my memories of her smile, her voice and her accomplishments. I miss Martha but I take comfort in knowing that the last time we met it was such a positive experience and that she left a wonderful legacy. Her daughter - a doctor. Her son- a teacher. She has written numerous plays and worked tirelessly in her community at large. Clearly her tasks must have been completed, Well done, good and faithful servant ...enter thou into the joy of thy Lord. I was blessed to have known you, Martha. Thank you for sharing your time with me and being such a great role model.
Link: Artist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break