Back to Life

Back to life, back to reality
Back to the here and now
-Soul II Soul
The blue fog has lifted and I seem to be back in the land of the living. I actually got some sleep and woke up relatively refreshed. I lit an incense and listened to some Miles Davis this morning. I felt my spirit shifting with each plume of rising smoke. I used to start every day with prayer, meditation and inspirational music but fell out of that practice. It seemed to start my days off on the right foot.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
Sometimes the music might be Miles Davis Kind of Blue, other days it might be a gospel artist like Fred Hammond, and some days it may just be Encouragement.

Always putting off my living for tomorrow
It's time to step out on faith, I've gotta show my faith
It's been elusive for so long, but freedom is mine today
I've gotta step out on faith, It's time to show my faith
Procrastination had me down but look what I have found-India.Ari
Of all people I should be the last one to procrastinate. I know that life is fleeting - you can be here today and gone the tomorrow. I always feel guilty when I procrastinate. I feel as if I am taking life for granted. The main reason that I procrastinate is because I hate having my life defined by a schedule. I've been this way my whole life. I know we need schedules and structure in order for our society to function but it has always been something I have rebelled against. Naturally this has caused problems for me on the job and in school but as I have gotten older I have tried to force myself to be more structured. The funniest thing is that I bought a book about procrastination Overcoming Procrastination that I never got around to reading. The authors use terms like slothfulness and self-sabotage when describing procrastination. I think I will make a commitment to read it this month. That will be a first step in dealing with the issue and maybe I can stay on track.

Listen: Incognito, Back to a Way of Life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break