Friends



*Friends
How many of us have them?
Friends
Ones we can depend on
Friends
How many of us have them?
Friends
Before we go any further, lets be
Friends*

Is a word we use everyday
Most the time we use it in the wrong way
Now you can look the word up, again and again
But the dictionary doesnt know the meaning of friends

And if you ask me, you know, I couldnt be much help
Because A friend is somebody you judge for yourself
Some are ok, and they treat you real cool
But some mistake kindness for bein a fool

We like to be with some, because they're funny
Others come around when they need some money
Some you grew up with, around the way
And you're still real close too this very day

Homeboys through the Summer, Winter, Spring and Fall
And then there's some we wish we never knew at all
And this list goes on, again and again
But these are the people that we call friends


Lyrics by Whodini


Lately the people who I call friends have shown themselves to be at my side when I most needed them. If for nothing more than to commiserate, lend a listening ear, or offer to step up to the plate -they have shown themselves as friends.

The thing about people who know me well is that they KNOW that I am a good person. I am exactly who I present myself to be and when I say I am going to do something they can pretty much depend on me to do it, otherwise I won't commit to it. I think it is that real element about me that people are drawn to...I don't try to front -- never have and never will. That's why when I have really been wronged they tend to get more pissed about it than I do. *s*

I like to let my friends know that they are appreciated (without buying their love and friendship) and I don't believe in taking advantage of their kindness. Friendships are to be cherished because everyone who presents themselves to you as a friend doesn't necessarily have the same agenda.

Sincere cyber hugs go out to Lala and her hubby (you truly came through when I needed ya'), TiVo (my road dawg), Dizzy (you are too much), X-pro (smile!!!), Adrian (the ex who protects), Erica Nicole, Alley Cat (we've gotta' get together soon), and my cuz' Big Mike. Thanks for your support, even if you didn't realize you were giving it.


An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind."
-Buddha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal Setting

My baby has crossed the rainbow bridge

Took a break