Everything old can be new again
Go out of your way to do something new, even in the smallest way...If you make an effort, there are a thousand different ways you could shed a little light and brighten up your day. It might just spill over into all kinds of unexpected areas, too.
I was going to try to recreate this fantabulous post that I lost when my computer froze but that is nearly impossible. I started out saying how I woke up this morning and my energy was ultra-positive. I feel rejuvenated after getting back from the N.B.T.F. I'll be writing more about my experiences at the festival in a series of separate posts. I just give a shout out for southern hospitality! It really invigorated me to be surrounded by that energy and I carried it back up here with me.
This morning I burned a stick of Super Hit and stepped out into the streets of Harlem. Normally everything looks dingy and grimy but today for some reason the sun seemed to cast a kiss on grace on everything. It embraced me in it's glow tempting me to spend the day in the park being romanced by its touch.
I have been serenaded by the vocals of Erykah, Jill, Amel and rediscovered my own voice. I feel myself wanted to branch out and try new things. I have already been presented with an opportunity to do something new. Someone has asked me to assistant direct on a local production and I think I might step out of and accept the challenge. I feel like there are infinite possibilities opening up to me in every area of my life and all I need to do be brave enough to take full advantage of them.
Be willing to take the first step, then follow where each step leads. And even the most ambitious goal is well within your reach.-- Ralph Marston
Comments
Post a Comment