Why Buybacks are a Con

So, I had this bright idea to sell back my useless Spanish books from a couple of semesters ago. I was under the impression that I would get half the money back and since I spent nearly $100.00 for two used books, half would have been a nice chunk of change to get back. So, I packed the books up, wiped them off and traipsed my happy arse down to Hun.ter to collect my money. Now, regular readers know that nothing at Hun.ter is that easy. First off they requested an ID card before I could even sell back the books. I happened to have it on me and the process began. Guess how much money I would have gotten back for the book? Keep in mind that I paid close to $100.00. The text would have gotten me $5.00 and the workbook $4.00.! Bull.sheets man! I was tempted to just take the $9.00 and run with it but if they wind up using the same text in the Fall the buy backs will go back up to half. Hmmmm $50.00 or $9.00. What do you think? A typical day up at Hun.ter. Let's not even talk about the disk I tried to return to the language lab where they lost the paperwork. Ugh!
Comments
Post a Comment